Job Title – Business Development Manager (Remote) – Full Time – Immediate Start
Founded in 2012, The Digital Marketing Bureau (TDMB) is an agile and forward-thinking agency, passionate about helping technology companies with their marketing for the ‘now’ and, in doing so, preparing traditional firms for what is coming next.
We’re looking for a Sales Superstar to take charge of our Business Development activities for our high-tech marketing agency. You will be responsible for driving new business for the agency across the whole spectrum of prospective tech clients. TDMB is growing rapidly and we have ambitious plans! As such, we are looking for a motivated individual who has a solid understanding of the sales and marketing process, who is looking for their next challenge and wants to play an important role in helping us achieve our objectives.
The role would suit an ambitious individual looking to take the next step in their career within Sales and Business Development. Working closely with the Managing Director, your role will include working with a variety of systems including Infusionsoft, Pipedrive, LinkedIn, and any other online method where you feel we could find new customers.
Your responsibilities will be, amongst others:
- Independent generation of leads across the technology sector.
- Cold contact of prospective clients via telephone, email, LinkedIn.
- Online and face-to-face meetings with prospective clients.
- Face-to-face and telephone sales negotiations with clients.
- Proactive and personal account management / customer care.
- Identification of unique needs of the clients and the market.
- Close new business and grow revenue within our customer base.
- Handling and distribution of information to team members so they are fully briefed on client requirements.
- Maintaining records in our in CRM system (Pipedrive and Infusionsoft) that will need to be updated regularly to maintain an accurate level of forecasting.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Attend industry functions, such as events, conferences and meetups, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that you will continue to enhance the company’s performance.
You will need to be an outgoing individual with a clear passion for technology. You must also be money hungry as we need someone that’s going to hit the ground running. There is the potential to earn lots of money, as the technology sectors we target are growing at an unprecedented rate!
Ideally you will have 1-2 years experience of managing a proven pipeline of clients and you will have the ability to work under pressure. Most importantly we need someone that can manage their own time effectively as the role is remote-based.
Client acquisition and account growth experience, with a focus on B2B sales.
Account management/customer relationship experience.
A solid understanding of marketing channels and how they work in order for our clients to achieve success.
Proven track record of results and experience either working in an agency, sales or marketing environment.
A keen interest in the technology sector, including (but not limited to) Blockchain, AR, VR, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Cybersecurity, IoT, PropTech etc
Apart from a solid sales experience, it’s essential that you are a self-starter.
Your existing contacts and relationships within the sector would be an advantage and will make you even more successful within our organisation.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment is needed. Past experience in technology start-ups would be a further plus.
Fantastic attention to detail, driven to succeed for both yourself and TDMB and a tenacious, go-getting attitude.
Enviable communication and interpersonal skills.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A – C.
Ideally a Bachelor’s degree (not essential).
£25,000K basic + commission.
Hours of work
Flexible working arrangements.
Our hours of work are 9 – 6 pm and your role as Business Development Manager requires that this is when you will do the majority of your work. However, we passionately believe at TDMB that you can work your hours as they fit into your lifestyle, just as long as you are available to collaborate with the wider team, to attend meetings and to handle prospective and current client enquiries – you can work your hours when they suit you.
22-days pro-rata + a day off on your birthday (and the days between Christmas and New Year)
Remote – but ideally you will be based in London and/or the South East as you will be required to work with the MD in London a minimum of 1-day for weekly F2F catch-ups, and to attend meetings.
You will need to have your own laptop and phone.
Does this sound appealing? Do you have what it takes to join our team and take TDMB to the next level? If you are motivated to work hard every day to help shape the future of TDMB, then do get in touch.
TDMB’s values are core to all that we do.
WE ARE INNOVATIVE
Now or Next, it doesn’t matter; we aim to lead the way.
WE RISK OUR PROFIT NOT YOUR REPUTATION
Our reputation, and hence yours, is more important than anything else. Period.
WE ARE GEEKS
Learning obsessively and sharing evangelically. We live what we do.
WE WORK DIFFERENTLY
No restriction or wasted time. Where we want and when we want.
WE GIVE A SH*T
Nothing more to add to that.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter that details how your experience matches our values to firstname.lastname@example.org