Can Augmented Reality help Estate Agents?
One of our big predictions this year is the emergence of Augmented Reality (AR) as a viable advertising and marketing option and this is why The Digital Marketing Bureau has set itself up as an AR specialist ready to help you set up an AR side to your business.
Three challenges present themselves on a regular basis to Real Estate Agents dealing with their marketing:
- How do you measure the effectiveness of your print advertising?
- If you are a developer; how do you showcase your off-plan developments to entice buyers
- How do you make your advertising more exciting and engaging for your clients
Augmented Reality for Real Estate is perhaps one of the most exciting developments in property marketing that could have knock on ramifications for a whole host of companies. It is said to be the death of the QR code and the saviour of print advertising giving advertisers new scope to make the advertising both justifiable and interesting.
Let us help you discover Augmented Reality
Described by Wikipedia as “a live, direct or indirect, view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data“. It differs from Virtual Reality in that AR is only an alteration of part of the real world whereas Virtual Reality alters it entirety.
It is not easy to describe what Augmented Reality is about and so perhaps it is easier to show what it can do.
Augmented Reality for Real Estate Agents:
How does AR differ from a QR code?
QR codes have been around and Real Estate Agents were adopters of the technology but to date it is the 18-34yr olds who are the ones who understand the technology. Currently 50% can identify a QR code but only 21% of over 55yr olds know what is is.
Generally QR codes have to be embedded into an advert which doesn’t look particularly attractive and there is limited functionality. You can measure whether people are using QR codes but generally only one is used going to one destination.
With AR, the functionality can be embedded into an existing Estate Agency app that the company owns or can be stand alone. You will need to notify the client that there is AR functionality available but there can be multiple operations within an advert. For example:
- Call functionality for the client to call from the advert
- Email functionality so the client can e-mail the appropriate office with a prewritten script identifying the house
- Book viewings direct from the advert
- Be sent through to the website to see more information (similar to how QR codes are used now)
- Embed video overviews of the property in images to give clients far more information
- Embed 3D visuals of off plan properties
Where can AR functionality be used?
We have currently helped agents embed AR into the following:
- Newspaper and magazine advertising
- Shop front details
- Property details given to clients
- Corporate brochures
- Shareholder reports
Once the function of AR is embedded you can then analyse results to see how well that advertising has performed. This way you can really justify its use in your advertising
The Digital Marketing Bureau has set up a variety of AR packages (and video production packages) for Real Estate agents which is both affordable and transparent.